In this tutorial, we are going to cover some basic ASP.NET Core Interview Questions for beginners with very short description. These interview questions will help you to prepare for the interviews from basics to advance. These interview question will also help you to enhance your technical skills.
ASP.NET Core interview questions
What is .NET Core?
.NET Core is the latest web framework from Microsoft. It is also the latest version of .NET, which is cross platform. This framework supports windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
These are some below some specifications of .NET Core.
- It is a cross platform.
- It is free and open source and supported by microsoft.
- It can be used to develop web applications.
- It is easy to use and very easy to learn.
- The latest version of .NET Core is .NET Core 3.0.
- It is also compatible with .NET framework, Xamarin(for mobile application) via .NET standard library.
What is ASP.NET Core?
ASP.NET Core 3.0 is the latest version of ASP.NET Core. You can develop Web Applications, Cloud based application, IoT Applications, and also Mobile applications. ASP.NET Core 3.0 is open source and cross platform. So, you it supports Windows, Mac and Linux.
What is difference between .NET Core and .NET framework?
There are the following some differences between .NET Core and .NET framework.
- .NET Core is the latest of .NET framework.
- .NET Core is cross platform, but .NET framework is not.
- .NET Core compatible with xamarin to develop mobile application. But .NET framework doesn’t have any tools to simplify mobile application.
- .NET Core is more effective than .NET framework
What is Middleware ASP.NET Core?
Read this post about What is Middleware in ASP.NET Core
What is Dependency Injection in ASP.NET Core?
Dependency Injection(DI) is basically a design pattern of application. It is a coding pattern in which a class adds the functionality from external sources rather than creating them itself.
What is startup.cs file in ASP.NET Core?
Startup.cs is the entry point of ASP.NET Core application. Startup.cs class configures the request pipeline that handles all request made to the application.
Startup.cs file contains two methods
Let’s understand these above two methods.
ConfigureServices() Method: This method contains all the services that required by the application.
Configure() Method: This method will responsible to respond all the HTTP requests. This method is also used to configure middleware in HTTP pipeline.
What is Kestrel in ASP.NET Core?
- Kestrel is a cross platform web server.
- It is built for ASP.NET Core based on libuv (a cross platform asynchronous I/O library).
- It is really fast.
- It was launched by Microsoft along with ASP.NET Core.
What is .csproj file in ASP.NET Core?
This file is used to manage all the NuGet packages for our application.
Explain static files in ASP.NET Core
All the static files are now located in wwwroot folder by default. All the CSS, Images, JS, and other static content are located in wwwroot folder.
What is ASP.NET Core Module?
ASP.NET Core Module lets you run ASP.NET Core apps behind IIS. It works only with kestrel. It is not compatible with Weblistener. ASP.NET Core is a native IIS module that hooks into the IIS pipeline and redirects traffic to the backend ASP.NET Core application. ASP.NET Core application run in a process separate from the IIS worker process. It also does process management. ASP.NET Core module starts the process for the ASP.NET Core application when the first request comes in and restarts it when it crashes.
Thank you for reading. Keep visiting and sharing!